Policy on cookies Vaggioielli (the “Policy”)
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of data, which often includes a unique identifier sent to the browser of the user’s computer by a Web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Each Web site or external service provider used by the Web site can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser allows a website or service provider outside of access only to cookies that are already sent to the user, and not the cookies sent by other sites or from other external service providers. A cookie will contain some anonymous information as a unique identifier, the name of the site and some figures and numbers. It enables a website to remember information such as user preferences or the items included in the shopping cart. A cookie may be a session cookie or a cookie that is stored in the user’s browser while connected to a particular Web site and disappears at the end of the browser, or a persistent cookie, a cookie that stays in the browser for a certain period of time.
For more information about cookies, in general, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
What is a browser?
A browser is an application that allows you to surf the Internet. The most common browsers are Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari. Most browsers are safe and provides a quick and easy way to remove information such as cookies.
Cookies and personal information
Cookies, by themselves, do not provide data such as e-mail addresses or other personal information, unless it chooses to provide this information, for example, by registering on one of our sites. After choosing to provide to a Web page of your personal information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie. A cookie is like an ID card. It is uniquely associated to the computer and can only be read by the server that issued it.
Our cookies and how we use them
- to help maintain security and to verify your details when you use our Web site as you surf from page to page, to avoid you having to enter your details each time you visit a new page;
- to recognize that you have requested that storage of the username and password in order to avoid you having to enter your details each time you visit the site;
- to gather information on important content and not important to you, revise or remove Web pages of interest to you and focus our energy on the content you want;
- to ensure that when you buy a product or service on our website, your experience will be smooth and safe;
- to collect and compile anonymous information in aggregate form for statistical and evaluation to help us understand how people use the Web site and improve the structure of our website.
We use both / only session cookies and persistent cookies on our websites.
We do not list every single cookie used by name, but for each type of cookie will provide information on how you can control its use.
Types of cookies that may be used during your visit to websites:
- Cookie personalization – These cookies are used to recognize return visitors to a Web site and in conjunction with other information in our possession in an attempt to record specific browsing information (that is, the way you come to the website, the pages you view, the selected options, the information entered and the path followed within the website). These cookies are used to recommend content that we think may interest you based on what you’ve viewed before. You can opt out of personalization once logged out from Facebook. To permanently disable it, remove also the Mirror app from the Settings page of your Facebook account.
- Third-party cookies and analytics
Cookies of third-party service
The services of social sharing, video and other types offered by us are operated by other companies. These companies may store cookies on your computer when you use these services on our site or if you have already signed in to those services.
Policy on use of data on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other
AddThis (the service that manages some of our social sharing buttons): http://www.addthis.com/privacy#.T6j–usS0bw
Policy on the processing of personal data of Twitter: https://twitter.com/privacy
Terms of service Storify (service sometimes used to incorporate a series of tweets): http://storify.com/tos
Policy on cookies Reader YouTube video: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/faq/#toc-cookies (standard terms of Google).
Google Analytics gives us statistical information made anonymous. Process IP addresses and the information collected from cookies used on our websites providing data on visits on the pages, the number of users, the browser used (so that we can direct our resources in order to maximize compatibility for the majority our users) and, in some cases, to the country, the city or region where they are located. Some of the IP addresses and cookie data collected by this provider are processed outside the European Economic Area and will confirm compliance with the requirements of data protection of the European Union.
Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Internet Explorer http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835(this page contains links to additional information on the various versions of Internet Explorer – the mobile version can be found at
- Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=95647
- Safari: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/5.0/en/9277.html(or http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677 for mobile versions)
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Enabling%20and%20disabling%20cookies
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/
Block all cookies, however, adversely affect the usability of many websites
You can also delete cookies previously stored on your computer by following the instructions provided by your browser. Again, this could adversely affect the usability of many websites.
More information about deleting cookies can be found at http://www.aboutcookies.org/page-2 .
Control of our Web sites
On a quarterly basis, we check all the cookies used on our portfolio of websites.
Our policy on cookies could be subject to change at any time without notice, so it is important to regularly revise this policy in order to be fully aware of any changes or updates.
To contact us about the policy, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Inside the e-mail please indicate in which of our sites refer your question.